While it’s nothing new in the human resources field, self-paced e-learning continues to rank high on the list of preferable continuing education modalities. According to the research firm Ambient Insight, in 2015, the general overall market worldwide for e-learning programs reached $46.5 billion, and they predict the market will hit $47.9 billion by the year 2020.
Those figures cover all self-paced e-learning products across a wide range of consumer interests, from higher education to personal and professional development. In the United States corporate sector, e-learning continues to see healthy growth at about 6.6 percent, according to Ambient. And for advancing the HR professional like you, online e-learning has become a primary means of obtaining and maintaining credentials.
Benefits Outrank Other Options
Despite the arrival of new learning modalities such as mobile learning platforms, technologies based on collaboration, simulation programs and game-based e-learning, the benefits of self-paced e-learning for HR professionals are obvious. Self-paced programs work best because:
- Your training costs are reduced by at least 50 percent.
- It’s convenient and quick to access, anytime and anywhere with an Internet-enabled device.
- Your time invested in training is cut by as much as 60 percent.
- It encourages your employees to access their training often.
- It’s easier and quicker to introduce important updates and changes into e-learning modules.
- HR professionals report higher retention of the material presented.
- Your employees feel valued as individuals when they’re allowed to work at their most comfortable and successful pace.
- E-learning eliminates the need for onsite instructors and outside consultants invading your corporate space.
- Employee productivity at your office receives a boost.
- All of which leads to higher employee retention rates for your company.
Advancing the HR Professional Along with the Technology
Your recertification requirements demand that you accumulate a certain number of credits every year or two. New regulatory rules, corporate changes, cultural shifts and human resource trends also demand that you keep up with an evolving employment landscape. And as your own HR needs continue to change, fortunately, so do your options for getting and staying up to date.
Self-paced e-learning products are capable of maturing just as fast as the HR industry itself. The e-learning industry has evolved from teleconferences and video presentations to the dynamic, richer variations you have today, according to researchers at the UNC Kenan Flagler School of Business. So just as HR trends demand continuity and quick adaptation, so can e-learning tools.
Your organization now has access to on-demand training tools to help you meet your strategic plans and stay competitive in the global employment marketplace. Advancing technology makes e-learning more appropriate for today’s HR leaders with:
- More interactive options between students and instructors
- Interfaces with social media
- E-learning programs created by HR experts
- Blended learning opportunities that rely on self-paced e-learning to prepare students for advanced in-person instruction or on-the-job training
- Platforms to meet new generations of employees looking to technology for advancing the HR professionals
While the return on investment is easy to figure out when it comes to travel budgets and outside consultant fees for advancing the HR professional in your organization, self-paced e-learning provides even more financial rewards that are more difficult to actually measure, but are equally vital to your company’s bottom line. Consider the savings you incur from:
- Increased employee satisfaction
- Improved productivity
- Innovative input from employees
- Lower turnover
Get your team onboard today. The sooner you start, the earlier you’ll start to see the benefits of self-paced e-learning for advancing the HR professional. Visit the Learning Pinnacle course library today.